Thursday, August 27, 2020

IT in Sales

         Information Technology has influence in almost every single industry you can think of. Every Job I have had there is an IT department whether it is big or small. I am going to use an example from an industry I used to work in. I used to work in sales for the company Tesla. I sold solar energy systems for your house. We did all our work with our computers. We would talk to people and gain leads, design systems on their house and book them appointments to see whether solar was truly a good option for them. If our computers were not working properly, it could totally mess up the sale. I had that happen a few times to me, nothing was more embarrassing. The good news is that we had a great IT team. They could do everything they needed to from a remote location and would walk me through steps over the phone. It absolutely helps any of the employees if they are computer savvy. Over the next ten years computers will continue to evolve and the role they play in the sales department will remain as pertinent to success as it does today. Sales associates need a computer to use multiple applications such as SalesForce, spreadsheets (excel, etc.), email, and calendar. The evolution of computation will allow for an easier adaptation and use of these applications. I foresee these types of applications becoming more streamlined and connected. Computers currently play a major role in the Sales industry and will continue to use them as a tool as technology and computers further develop.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tech Topic Discussion

  Tech Topic Discussion   Discuss how your selected tech topic connects to the fundamentals of information technology covered in this course...