Thursday, August 27, 2020

Microsoft Word


A day in the life of using word processing applications such as Microsoft Word.

I have been using Microsoft Word for school and work since probably 2002. The functionality and interface has changed but the end product of a word document file has remained similar. In a day of using Microsoft Word I utilize some but not nearly all the features. If I am writing a final paper on Microsoft Word, I will be writing possibly over 1000 words and then I make formatting changes. I will create a title page with a Running Header, then change the font to Times New Roman, the line spacing to 2 and the size of the font to 12 point. One thing the textbook did not mention that I use quite often is the ruler tool. The ruler tool allows me to make indent adjustments on the references to ensure that they are in correct APA format. The indent on the references is not typical formatting. Every once in a while, I will have an assignment where I have to use a bulleted list such as this:

·       Hamburger Meat

·       Buns

·       Cheese

·       Potato Salad

·       Drinks

The Bulleted list is very simple to make and I use them quite a bit for personal things like goal setting or grocery lists.

The text alignment for an APA reference has the indent under the top text so I use the ruler to slide the indent over. I also change the font to Times New Roman, line spacing to two and the font size to 12.

Thames, B. (2018). How should one live? An introduction to ethics and moral reasoning (3rd ed.). Retrieved from https://content.ashford.edu

For this journal entry I changed the majority of the font to Arial. Arial is now allowed to be used on memos for the Army. I have had to type and create many memos in the Army and we also use Microsoft Word for this task.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tech Topic Discussion

  Tech Topic Discussion   Discuss how your selected tech topic connects to the fundamentals of information technology covered in this course...