Thursday, August 27, 2020

Scratch

 

Scratch was an experience that I have not done in white some time, learn something completely foreign. I have used Alice 3D but that was a very long time ago, I believe that was in 2008. The difficulties I had with Scratch were how to move the sprite. I could figure out how to make the cat move but then I had a hard time getting the cat back to the center. Through a bit of toying around, I figured it out.  Some of the insights I learned about programming is that programming is a set of commands being accomplished all the time. This also reminded me of the textbook when it mentions programming is like a cooking recipe or like the process of brushing one’s teeth. You cannot simply go out of order or miss steps. The difference between languages seems to be mainly their level of formula manipulating. Some seem much more complex than others. I found Python to be the easiest to understand. I would like to think that the assembly language would be god for a simple calculator and higher-level languages like Python would be good in a graphing calculator. I have heard of Python before so because of that I would like to think that Python is the most common programming language. I have also heard of C++ before and I believe that C++ is one of the certificates you can get that is required for some certain jobs. I look forward to learning a lot more about programming. I think that eventually I will need to get a new computer because my computer cannot run programs like Python because I have an Arm processor and programs like Python require traditional processors. My Scratch program can be found here at https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/414177542/ . Very simple program but it did teach me some things.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tech Topic Discussion

  Tech Topic Discussion   Discuss how your selected tech topic connects to the fundamentals of information technology covered in this course...